Sunday, December 30, 2007

Triathlon - December 16

The triathlon I took part in at West Lakes on December 16 consisted of a 600m swim, a 19.5km bike ride and a 4km run. I completed it in 1:10:11, which was 35 seconds faster than last time over the same distance. I came 21st out of 26 for my age group, 203rd out of the 254 competitors who did the Challenge, I was 148th in the swim, 201st in the run and 208th in the ride. If I only did as well in the run and ride as in the swim, I’d move up a few places. I’m working on it , but then again, so is everyone else!

Triathlon - Readiness

All the stuff I need to do a triathlon. I set it out the night before just to make sure I had everything.

Runner 955

First triathlon in my new Tri-suit. No more hassles getting a tank top over a wet body to set out on the ride. The suit was a bargain too - it was 50% off - they were getting rid of the last of the range to bring in a new brand.

End of the Swim

Exiting the swim.

With trusty steed in hand

Starting the ride.

Graham

Graham on the run. More likely to be a grimace than a smile.

Terry Finishing

Terry finishing.

Run, run, run, run, run

The ‘competition’.