Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cycling 134km in one day

On Friday, January 25 (and with all things being equal), I'll be riding 134km from Mannum to Strathalbyn (via Mt Pleasant - definitely not the direct route) as part of the Tour Down Under Challenge Tour. The ride is the same route that the international cycling teams will take later on in the day. There are four of us doing the ride - Kenneth, Graham, Terry and me. We’ve been in training for a while. It will be interesting to see if we have done enough. The weather bureau currently has Friday slated for 33 degrees with thunder in the hills. Better than the 37 they were forecasting a few days ago but I thibk we could do without thunderstorms!

Tour Down Under Jersey

Me at work. I had just picked up my offical Tour Down Under Challenge Tour jersey and had to try it on. I took the photo with the self timer using my new wide angle lens.