Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Close Encounters of the Koala Kind


I've walked the trail between Crafers and Stirling at lunchtime many, many times over the years. I'm usually reading a book as I walk so when I happen upon something along the trail I usually get a bit of a fright. Today as I was coming back from Stirling (a lovely espresso flat white and a home-made style peppermint slice) I was nearly run over by a fast moving koala. However, unlike past times, I had a camera and was able to record the encounter. He got a surprise when he came across me and then headed for the nearest tree. He climbed about 30cm up the tree and had a look at me and as I didn't move he climbed down from the tree, sat for a moment and then headed off, took one last look back and then rollicked off at koala sprint-pace.


Clicking on the picture will take you to my Flickr page where you can see the picture in larger sizes and see what other people have said about it.