Friday, January 19, 2007

Lycra and Shaved Legs

No, the title does not refer to me! I've been told! I'm not to shave my legs! As for the wearing of lycra - well that's compulsory!

No the title of this post refers to the riders in the Tour Down Under. The third leg of the race was held at Stirling just across the freeway from my work, so I went over and took some photos and a short video of the start. Conditions were great for photography - overcast - so no problems with vast dark shadows as is usual with taking shots in the middle of the day in summer. A couple thousand people came to see the start and by the time the riders were five minutes down the road, the place was deserted. I hope you like the pictures.


Agritubel team member. I saw them riding on Kensington Road practicing last week

Interviews

Team Jacques Chocolade

Members of the New Zealand team waiting for the start

Navigators Insurance team members

Navigators team members and behind members of the Ag2R Prevoyance team from France

Barloworld team member

An Agritubel team member heads for the start line

Set to go at the start line

At two minutes to go

Below is a link to the 30 second film I took of the start of the Stirling stage. The original looks really good - it loses a bit of quality on the website. I've found that the film starts straight away. You don't have to wait minutes for it to download (on broadband). You will need to copy the link and paste it into your web browser.

http://harvey.saint.net.au/displayimage.php?album=31&pos=1